This is a checklist of the known species of Pea Clams (Sphaeriidae) recorded in Vermont, USA. The checklist is derived from literature and verified records from the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and Jim Kellogg (https://doi.org/10.15468/tq5nfn). The checklist is comprised of 28 confirmed species.
The data in this checklist resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 28 records.
2 extension data tables also exist. An extension record supplies extra information about a core record. The number of records in each extension data table is illustrated below.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Lew-Smith M, McFarland K (2022): Checklist of Pea Clams (Sphaeriidae) in Vermont, USA. v1.3. Vermont Center for Ecostudies. Dataset/Checklist. https://ipt.vtatlasoflife.org/resource?r=vtsphaeriidaechecklist&v=1.3
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Vermont Center for Ecostudies. To the extent possible under law, the publisher has waived all rights to these data and has dedicated them to the Public Domain (CC0 1.0). Users may copy, modify, distribute and use the work, including for commercial purposes, without restriction.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: 48760b32-ea71-4de9-a2de-a1a3f679a85a. Vermont Center for Ecostudies publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by U.S. Geological Survey.
- Originator ●
- Point Of Contact
State of Vermont, USA
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [42.488, -74.268], North East [45.213, -71.104]|
Pea Clam (Sphaeriidae)
|Family||Sphaeriidae (pea clams)|
|Title||Vermont Atlas of Life|
|Study Area Description||http://val.vtecostudies.org/|
The personnel involved in the project:
Derived from literature and verified records.
|Study Extent||State of Vermont, USA|
Method step description:
- Derived from literature and verified records.
- Herrington, H B. 1962. A Revision of the Sphaeriidae of North America (Mollusca: Pelecypoda). Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michagan, No. 118. https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/56362/MP118.pdf?sequence=1
- Johnson, C.W. 1915. Fauna of New England : 13: List of the Mollusca. Occasional Papers of the Boston Society of Natural History 7 (1–231). https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/10306
- Mackie, Gerald L. 2007. Biology of Freshwater Corbiculid and Sphaeriid Clams of North America. Ohio Biological Sruvey Bulletin New Series Volume XV Number 3, Columbus, Ohio. https://pnwmussels.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Mackie_2007_Biology_FW_Corbiculids_Sphaeriids_NA.pdf
- Kellogg J, Lew-Smith M, McFarland K (2022). New England Pea Clam (Sphaeriidae) Occurrences. Version 1.5. Vermont Center for Ecostudies. Occurrence dataset https://doi.org/10.15468/tq5nfn accessed via GBIF.org on 2022-12-28. https://doi.org/10.15468/tq5nfn
- Burch, J B. 1972. Biota of Freshwater Ecosystems Identification Manual No.3 FRESHWATER SPHAERIACEAN CLAMS (MOLLUSCA:PELECYPODA) OF NORTH AMERICA. http://relicensing.pcwa.net/Documents/Library/PCWA-L 442.pdf. https://relicensing.pcwa.net/documents/Library/PCWA-L%20442.pdf